When involved in a WORK PLACE ACCIDENT,
- DO report the accident to your Supervisor/Manager/Direct Superior.
- DO immediately seek medical attention by attending at either your own G.P. or the A and E Department of a local hospital as appropriate.
- DO provide your Employer with a medical certificate in good time which clearly states the reason for your absence from work if you will be absent from work for a period due to certified sick leave.
When involved in a ROAD TRAFFIC ACCIDENT;
- DO obtain the registration number of the other vehicle and the driver details including name and address.
- DO obtain insurance details of the third party. If the third party will not volunteer their insurance details to you, you should be able to record those details from the insurance disc which they are obliged to display on the windscreen of their vehicle.
- DO report the matter to the Gardai if necessary and wait for them to arrive at the scene of the accident. On occasion the Gardai will take measurements and produce a sketch of the scene of the accident which may be of assistance to you at a later date in Court.
- DO take a photograph of the position of the vehicles if possible.
- DO identify any witnesses and obtain their contact details as they may be necessary at a later date in any Court proceedings which may be instituted by either An Garda Siochana or the parties to the accident, to include yourself.
- DON’T leave the scene of an accident until you have given your name, insurance details and registration details to the third party and that you have agreed whether or not it is a requirement for the Gardai to attend. If the Gardai are attending at the scene of an accident please remain there until such time as the Gardai attend and provide them with your details.
View our page for Road Traffic Accidents for a complete list of obligations and duties when involved in a Road Traffic Accident.
If you have been in a workplace or road traffic accident, contact your solicitor immediately. You can contact us on 061 361088 or for any advice you may require on the situation, and we will be happy to help you with your situation.
This post is also available in: Polish