If you are injured whilst on holiday you may in certain circumstances be able to maintain a claim for compensation against your package holiday company. Also, if the standard of your holiday does not reflect the description set out in the brochure which was provided to you, you may be entitled to compensation.
If you suffer injury or are involved in an accident whilst you are on holiday you may be able to make a claim for personal injury compensation provided that the cause of injury was not your own fault. It is important that when you are involved in an accident whilst on holidays that you do the following;
- Immediately report the occurrence of the accident to the Manager of the establishment where you are staying and also, if possible, to a representative of the travel company.
- Immediately obtain medical attention if required.
- Obtain where possible, details of witnesses to the accident to include their name, address and contact numbers.
- If necessary, report the matter to the local police.
- Take photographs of the incident where possible as these may be required at a later date to assist the Irish based travel company to process the claim.
- Complete an accident report form at the hotel or venue where the accident occurred and keep a copy of the accident report form.
- Keep a copy of all bills/receipts for expenses incurred to include doctors fees, hospital admission fees, taxis, prescriptions, etc.
- Formally report the accident as soon as ever possible to the provider of the package holiday.
As a result of the introduction of the Package Holidays and Travel Trade Act, people who are involved in an accident abroad can pursue a claim for personal injuries in Ireland rather than having to pursue such an action in the country where the holiday took place.
Contact us today and we will be happy to advise you on how to proceed with your case. To contact us, call us on 061 361088, email us at email@example.com and we will call you back. We are happy to meet you in the office for an initial consultation to discuss your case and thereafter to provide you with the benefit of advice so that you can decide how best to proceed.
This post is also available in: Polish